1. What is a POP account?
The total mailbox usage of the user in Zoho Mail is listed here along with the option to change the default account. The details of your mail accounts are displayed in this page. The incoming and outgoing server names, email ids, names and status(Enabled or Disabled) of the accounts are shown.
2. How do I configure POP accounts?
Configuring your mail accounts: Access mail Settings->POP Accounts
- Click on Add Mail Account
- Type in the Display Name
- Enter the valid Email Id of your account
- Enter the Username* and Password of your account
- Type in your incoming and outgoing Mail Server Names (For example. pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com)
- Port No for incoming and outgoing servers (For example port nos. for gmail servers are 995 and 465)
- Please contact your system admin for help in SSL connections. Check the option if you are required to use secure connection.
- Outgoing Mail Server Info
If your outgoing mail server requires authentication then check the given option. You are provided a choice between:
Using same settings as my Incoming mail server or
Log on using your outgoing server User name and Password.
Check the option most suited to you and click on Save.
3. How do I enable IMAP access for Zoho Mail?
You can now enable IMAP Access for your Zoho Mail account hosted to Zoho by yourself. All you have to do is go to Settings --> Personalize --> Email Forwarding & POP/IMAP-> Enable IMAP access and click on Save.
4. How do I configure Zoho Mail as IMAP in my iPhone?
Zoho Mail supports both POP and IMAP access. You can configure Zoho Mail as IMAP in your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Enable IMAP in the ZOHO Mail interface.
- Click ‘Add Mail Account’.
- In the New Account, provide Preferred Display name, Email Address, Password and a suitable description and Click Next.
- In the Incoming Mail Server, enter imap.zoho.com.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server, enter smtp.zoho.com
- Click ‘Save’ to save the information entered. Your iPhone will verify your account information by connecting with ZOHO Mail server.
- Upon successful completion, you will be navigated to Mails screen.
- You have now successfully configured Zoho mail in your iPhone.
5. How should I configure my Zoho Mail in my Blackberry phone?
When you are configuring your Zoho Mail account in your blackberry phone, we recommend you to configure it as POP account.
- You need to have a Blackberry service account before you setup an email account in blackberry.
- Login the appropriate Blackberry website, depending on the service provider.
- Click Add Mail Account.
- Provide you Zoho Email address and password.
- Click ‘I will provide the settings to add this email account’.
- Scroll down and then click ‘Next’.
- Select POP and then click ‘Next’
- Type your user name email@example.com or if you are a domain user, type firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scroll down and type the name ‘pop.zoho.com’
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of the outgoing server – ‘smtp.zoho.com’
- Click OK to complete the setup.
6. Can I use external email clients (Outlook and Thunderbird) to fetch my mails from Zoho ?
Yes. Zoho mail supports both POP and IMAP access. Hence you can easily setup your account in desktop clients like Outlook or Thunderbird through POP or IMAP.
7. How can I fetch mails from other non-zoho email accounts in Zoho Mail ?
If your Mail Accounts support POP access, you can configure the accounts as POP in Zoho Mail. You need to know the Incoming server name, outgoing server name and the ports information to for configuration.